Cuba top to bottom
Brilliant, enjoyed every minute.
An extremely well organised & planned tour. Accommodation was simple but clean with great hosts.
Our guide Laritza was an angle & couldn't do enough for us.
Highly recommend this company.
Tour Itinerary Highlights
Arrival date. Bienvenidos a Cuba! (Welcome to Cuba).
We will greet and welcome you at the Havana airport.
Look for one of our Experience Cuba Tours representatives. Look for our logo and your group leader name, which is usually the person that made the booking.
The transfers to your accommodation are part of the inclusions in this tour. Take this opportunity to go for a little wonder around your accommodation.
Havana (and Cuba in general) is incredible safe, and Cubans are welcoming and warm people. or perhaps take this opportunity to rest from your journey (the calm before the storm!).
Old Havana Walking Tour and Classic Convertible Ride
Enjoy a walking tour of the colonial district Havana Vieja (Old Havana) accompanied by your private local guide. UNESCO declared Old Havana a World Heritage Site in 1982, a genuine living museum, in which more than 144 buildings from the 16th and 17th centuries are conserved. This colonial and historic center is a museum at open air of architecture, art and culture. This tour is a real treat for history and culture enthusiasts.
Bask in a beautiful Classic Vintage Convertible Car while you take in the highlights of Havana.
DAY 3, 4
Viñales Valley Tour.
The Valle de Viñales is a fabulous national park abundant in fertile red soil, incrusted in green fields of tobacco plantations.
Viñales offers Cuba’s best hiking, mounting, caving and landscapes views, based around the serene farming town of Viñales on the edge of the park. This is Cuba at its most attractive.
Refer to our Daily Activities page for ideas of what to do.
Bay of Pigs and Cienfuegos
Bay of Pigs Visit and Panoramic Tour of Cienfuegos.
Travel to Playa Giron in Bay of Pigs, and learn about the 1961`s fight between Cuban militias and U.S. hired mercenaries.
Enjoy some R&R in the beautiful beach. Continue to Cienfuegos, and enjoy a panoramic tour of the city known as well as the Pearl of the South. Cienfuegos is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, founded in 1819 by French settlers from Bordeaux and Louisiana. Wander along the avenue to visit Beny Moré’s monument, one of Cuba’s most treasured musicians.
Overnight in Cienfuegos.
DAY 6, 7
Panoramic and cultural tour of Trinidad.
Continue to the UNESCO World Heritage Site: Trinidad. Panoramic tour of Trinidad city. The “Villa de la Santisima Trinidad” was the third village founded by the Spanish Crown in Cuba in early 1514.
The conservation and restoration work undertaken by specialists has made Trinidad one of the best preserved colonial cities not only in Cuba but also of South America.
Overnight in Trinidad.
Free day in Trinidad. Refer to our Daily Activities page for ideas of what to do.
Bayamo Cultural Tour.
Learn about the rebellious spirit of Bayamo on a walking tour offering the city’s highlights. Stroll around the metropolis centre to learn about fascinating chapters in the history of Cuba. Regular life in Bayamo rotates around Céspedes Park, the Hymn Square and Céspedes birthplace. Overnight in Bayamo.
Day 10, 11, 12
Santiago de Cuba
Santiago de Cuba Panoramic Tour.
Discover Santiago de Cuba and their genuine and welcoming people in a cultural panoramic tour of the city.
Visit Céspedes Square, a lively park named for Carlos Manuel de Céspedes, a Cuban planter who freed his slaves and declared Cuban independence in 1868.
Parque Céspedes is the spiritual centre of Santiago.
Overnight in Santiago de Cuba.
DAY 13, 14
Domestic flight to Havana.
This flight is included in the tour price. It is with Cubana de Aviacion, with a limit of 20 kg, inclusive of carry on luggage.
Free day in Havana. Refer to our Daily Activities page for ideas of what to do.
Departure date. We are sorry we have to say goodbye…for now ;-P
Adiós muchachos, compañeros de mi vida,
Barra querida de aquellos tiempos.
Me toca a mi hoy emprender la retirada
Debo alejarme de mi buena muchachada.
by Carlos Gardel.
Goodbye guys, companions of my life,
Bye dear bar, memories of these times.
It’s my turn today to undertake the withdrawal,
I must get away from my good companions.
- Transfers from Havana airport on arrival.
- Transport/transfers as specified in the itinerary.
- Twin-share comfort accommodations in “casas particulares” (Cuban term equivalent to guesthouses, home-stays, B&Bs). Single Supplement upgrade available.
- Daily breakfast.
- Same local tour guide throughout the tour.
- Activities/excursions as specified in the itinerary.
- Travelers Information Package with lots of practical advice (PDF).
- Cuba Tourist Map, advised by MINTUR, Minister of Tourism in Cuba.
- ECT personnel tips and gratuities.
- Old Havana guided walking tour.
- Havana Classic/Vintage convertible car ride (1 hour).
- Viñales Valley orientation tour.
- Bay of Pigs, Playa Giron museum visit (entry fee included).
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Cienfuegos.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Trinidad.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Camaguey.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Bayamo.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Santiago de Cuba.
- Transfers to the airport on departure. This can be arrange for additional costs.
- International flights.
- Travel insurances (required to participate in our tours).
- Visas and passport fees. Visas can be arranged for additional costs and subject to our Terms and Conditions.
- Additional meals (except daily breakfasts).
- Additional optional activities not specified in the tour. They can be added, incurs surcharges.
- Tips and gratuities (except ECT personnel).
Pricing & Dates
- It is an exciting time in Cuba with rapidly changing legislation and local conditions. Cuba has seen a massive increase in tourism, which has put a strain on local tourist infrastructure. While we will strive to operate our tours as closely to published itineraries as possible, conditions often change from one day to the next, and minor tour modifications may be necessary with no advance notice.
- Casa Particulares can refer to home-stays, B&B’s, guesthouses, self contained apartments or entire villas. They are family run businesses that are legal and formalised to provide accommodation to foreigners in Cuba. Though much nicer than general Cuban homes they can seem a bit rustic and simple compared to what most international travellers are used to back home.
- Cuba as a developing country is subject to power outages and it is common to have low water pressures in the showers and sinks.
- If understanding and expectations are kept in check staying at Casa Particulares is a very personal and pleasurable way to accommodate yourself in Cuba.
- The transport system in Cuba is in many ways different to anywhere else in the world. We (Experience Cuba) are restricted in a large way by the local transport laws. We use privately owned transport with approved licences to provide taxi services to tourists and the state-owned transport services of TRANSTUR, the only inter-provincial taxi provider in Cuba. The privately-owned transports vary between classic vintage cars (hardtop and convertible) and more modern models of cars, all in good condition. It is not law in Cuba for cars to be fitted with seat belts and neither is it against the law to use a mobile phone while driving. This is not condoned or encouraged by Experience Cuba but when travelling to other countries it is customary to abide by the local laws.
- While it is hard to know what every individual’s expectations might be, we do remind travellers that Cuba is in most respects a third world country and as such considerations should be made and understood.
Do you have any questions? Let's get in touch.
Whether you want inspiration and guidance in planning your next Cuban adventure, or need help with an existing booking, please feel free to get in touch.