Thanks for a great experience!
"We wanted to experience Cuba before it changed too much. We arranged a private tour, as the group tours were booked. The information provided prior to the tour, the experience on arrival and our accommodation was very good. Centrally located, of a good standard, and the hosts were pleasant and helpful. Our guide was excellent. The itinerary/activities for the six nights were excellent. Apart from Havana, I would recommend also going to Cienfuegos and Trinidad. I would recommend Experience Cuba Tours."
Tour Itinerary Highlights
Arrival date. Bienvenidos a Cuba! (Welcome to Cuba).
We will greet and welcome you at the Havana airport.
Look for one of our Experience Cuba Tours representatives. Look for our logo and your group leader name, which is usually the person that made the booking.
The transfers to your accommodation are part of the inclusions in this tour. Take this opportunity to go for a little wonder around your accommodation.
Havana (and Cuba in general) is incredible safe, and Cubans are welcoming and warm people. or perhaps take this opportunity to rest from your journey (the calm before the storm!).
DAY 2 and 3
Old Havana Walking Tour, Classic Convertible Ride and Hemingway Tour
Old Havana Walking Tour and Classic Convertible Ride
Enjoy a walking tour of the colonial district Havana Vieja (Old Havana) accompanied by your private local guide. UNESCO declared Old Havana a World Heritage Site in 1982, a genuine living museum, in which more than 144 buildings from the 16th and 17th centuries are conserved. This colonial and historic center is a museum at open air of architecture, art and culture. This tour is a real treat for history and culture enthusiasts.
Bask in a beautiful Classic Vintage Convertible Car while you take in the highlights of Havana.
Relive Hemingway’s steps in Havana by visiting the Nobel Prize’s favourite spots in the city. Visit where he lived at the “Finca La Vigia” and Room 511 at the Ambos Mundos Hotel. Stopover at La Bodeguita del Medio and El Floridita: the birthplace of the Daiquiry. Salsa Class. Enjoy a 2-hour private class in a dance centre with an instructor.
Our signature tour: Mariel, a taste of Cuba!
A full day tour in Mariel. Get a taste of life in a small Cuban town.
Get a taste of life in a small Cuban town. Mingle with the locals, be the guest for one full day of an authentic Cuban family, play some dominos, have a go at dancing some salsa, and help to cook your own food. All meals and drinks included. Overnight in Soroa.
Nobody else does this tour!
Pinar del Rio: Viñales Valley, Soroa, or Las Terrazas
Travel to the Western province of Pinar del Rio.
Travel to the Western province of Pinar del Rio.
An area of great importance, though it may not have the large cities and infrastructure that you would normally associate with importance, to Cuba as it is an area that produces some of the world’s finest tobacco.
Still stereotyped as a simple area with pure country folk it has withstood the temptation to adopt the big tourist developments and remains an area of simple houses and homes in basic small villages and towns.
Select 2 from the following options:
- Soroa Tour
- Tobacco Plantation
- Viñales Prehistoric Mural
- Indian Cave Tour
- Las Terrazas Tour
- Overnight in Viñales.
Cienfuegos - Trinidad
Panoramic and cultural tour of Cienfuegos and Trinidad city
Continue to Cienfuegos, also known as ‘the Pearl of the South’. This city earned a UNESCO World Heritage Site listing in 2005 and owes its founding and large parts of historical architecture to French settlers from Bordeaux and Louisiana. Enjoy a panoramic and cultural walking tour around this vibrant, eclectic city.
Continue to the UNESCO World Heritage Site Trinidad and enjoy a panoramic and cultural tour of Trinidad city. Founded in 1514 by the Spanish it was known as the “Villa de la Santisima Trinidad” but has now just come to be called Trinidad. It has undergone great restoration and conservation works which has made it one of the best-preserved colonial cities of the Caribbean and South America.
Overnight in Trinidad.
Santa Clara - Havana
Che Guevara Mausoleum visit (fees included)
Che Guevara Mausoleum Visit (entry fees included)
Visit the resting place of one of the most famous of modern day ‘guerrillas’ Che Guevara. There is now a dedicated memorial/museum to Che Guevara and 29 fellow guerrillas. Many personal effects of Che’s and the revolution are contained in the museum such as his personal gun, binoculars, water bottle, and many pictures of times during the revolution.
Return to Havana to overnight.
- DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Cuba with a pull-out map (hard-copy). Allow 4 weeks for delivery. Available only to residents of Australia and New Zealand.
- Travelers Information Package with lots of practical advice (PDF).
- Cuba Tourist Map, advised by MINTUR, Minister of Tourism in Cuba (hard-copy) on arrival in Cuba.
- Transfers from and to Havana airport on arrival and departure.
- Transport/transfers in car or minivan as specified in the itinerary.
- Comfort accommodations in “casas particulares”. Private bathrooms/ensuites and air-conditioning guaranteed. Upgrades of accommodations are available on request and incurs additional surcharges.
- Daily breakfast.
- Daily bottle of water per person.
- Same local tour guide throughout the tour.
- Activities/excursions as specified in the itinerary.
- ECT personnel tips and gratuities.
- Old Havana guided walking tour.
- Havana Classic/Vintage convertible car ride (1 hour).
- Hemingway Tour, visit to Finca La Vigia (entry fees included).
- Mariel: A taste of Cuba Tour. All meals and drinks of this day included.
- Pinar del Rio: Selection of 2 activities included.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Cienfuegos.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Trinidad.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Santa Clara. Visit to Che Guevara Mausoleum (entry fees included).
- International flights.
- Travel insurances (required to participate in our tours).
- Visas and passport fees. Visas can be arranged for additional costs and subject to our Terms and Conditions.
- Additional meals (except daily breakfasts and the meals in Mariel Tour).
- Drinks (except bottles of waters as stipulated in the itinerary).
- Additional optional activities not specified in the tour. They can be added, incurs surcharges.
- Tips and gratuities (except Experience Cuba Tour personnel).
Low season (15th of March to 14th of November): ~ $1,590 AUD per person
High season (15th of November to 14th of March): Supplement of $80 AUD per person.
Notes: Contact us now with your details for a quote and price confirmation.
- It is an exciting time in Cuba with rapidly changing legislation and local conditions. Cuba has seen a massive increase in tourism, which has put a strain on local tourist infrastructure. While we will strive to operate our tours as closely to published itineraries as possible, conditions often change from one day to the next, and minor tour modifications may be necessary with no advance notice.
- Casa Particulares can refer to home-stays, B&B’s, guesthouses, self contained apartments or entire villas. They are family run businesses that are legal and formalised to provide accommodation to foreigners in Cuba. Though much nicer than general Cuban homes they can seem a bit rustic and simple compared to what most international travellers are used to back home.
- Cuba as a developing country is subject to power outages and it is common to have low water pressures in the showers and sinks.
- If understanding and expectations are kept in check staying at Casa Particulares is a very personal and pleasurable way to accommodate yourself in Cuba.
- The transport system in Cuba is in many ways different to anywhere else in the world. We (Experience Cuba) are restricted in a large way by the local transport laws. We use privately owned transport with approved licences to provide taxi services to tourists and the state-owned transport services of TRANSTUR, the only inter-provincial taxi provider in Cuba. The privately-owned transports vary between classic vintage cars (hardtop and convertible) and more modern models of cars, all in good condition. It is not law in Cuba for cars to be fitted with seat belts and neither is it against the law to use a mobile phone while driving. This is not condoned or encouraged by Experience Cuba but when travelling to other countries it is customary to abide by the local laws.
- While it is hard to know what every individual’s expectations might be, we do remind travellers that Cuba is in most respects a third world country and as such considerations should be made and understood.
Do you have any questions? Let's get in touch.
Whether you want inspiration and guidance in planning your next Cuban adventure, or need help with an existing booking, please feel free to get in touch.