Tour Itinerary Highlights
Arrival date. Bienvenidos a Cuba! (Welcome to Cuba).
We will greet and welcome you at the Havana airport.
Look for one of our Experience Cuba Tours representatives. Look for our logo and your group leader name, which is usually the person that made the booking.
The transfers to your accommodation are part of the inclusions in this tour. Take this opportunity to go for a little wonder around your accommodation.
Havana (and Cuba in general) is incredible safe, and Cubans are welcoming and warm people. or perhaps take this opportunity to rest from your journey (the calm before the storm!).
Old Havana Walking Tour and Classic Convertible Ride
Enjoy a walking tour of the colonial district Havana Vieja (Old Havana) accompanied by your private local guide. UNESCO declared Old Havana a World Heritage Site in 1982, a genuine living museum, in which more than 144 buildings from the 16th and 17th centuries are conserved. This colonial and historic center is a museum at open air of architecture, art and culture. This tour is a real treat for history and culture enthusiasts.
Bask in a beautiful Classic Vintage Convertible Car while you take in the highlights of Havana.
Pinar del Rio: Viñales Valley, Soroa or Las Terrazas
Select 2 activities to explore during the day.
Select 2 activities
Travel to the Western province of Pinar del Rio. An area of great importance, though it may not have the large cities and infrastructure that you would normally associate with importance, to Cuba as it is an area that produces some of the world’s finest tobacco. Still stereotyped as a simple area with pure country folk it has withstood the temptation to adopt the big tourist developments and remains an area of simple houses and homes in basic small villages and towns.
Select 2 from the following options:
- Soroa Tour
- Tobacco Plantation
- Viñales Prehistoric Mural
- Indian Cave
- Las Terrazas
Return to Havana to overnight.
Bay of Pigs - Cienfuegos
Playa Giron Museum. Cienfuegos panoramic and cultural tour
Playa Giron Museum (entry fees included)
Departing from Havana, travel to Bay of Pigs (Playa Giron) and learn about the 1961`s fight between Cuban militias and U.S. hired mercenaries.
Cienfuegos panoramic and cultural tour
Continue to Cienfuegos, also known as ‘the Pearl of the South’. This city earned a UNESCO World Heritage Site listing in 2005 and owes its founding and large parts of historical architecture to French settlers from Bordeaux and Louisiana. Founded in 1819 it has a steeped nautical and musical history with a monument dedicated to one of its favourite sons, Beny Moré who was born in the province. It is also the site of one of Cuba’s oldest and finest theatres, Thomas Terry. Enjoy a panoramic and cultural walking tour around this vibrant, eclectic city.
Overnight in Cienfuegos.
Santa Clara - Trinidad
Che Guevara Mausoleum Visit (fees included). Trinidad Panoramic and Cultural Tour.
Che Guevara Mausoleum Visit (entry fees included)
Cultural panoramic tour Travel to the rebellious and revolutionary city of Santa Clara. Now the resting place of one of the most famous of modern day ‘guerrillas’ Che Guevara. There is now a dedicated memorial/museum to Che Guevara and 29 fellow guerrillas. Many personal effects of Che’s and the revolution are contained in the museum such as his personal gun, binoculars, water bottle, and many pictures of times during the revolution.
Trinidad Panoramic and Cultural Tour
Continue to the UNESCO World Heritage Site Trinidad and enjoy a panoramic and cultural tour of Trinidad city. Founded in 1514 by the Spanish it was known as the “Villa de la Santisima Trinidad” but has now just come to be called Trinidad. It has undergone great restoration and conservation works which has made it one of the best-preserved colonial cities of the Caribbean and South America. Cuban music fills the streets from the almost countless cafes, bars and restaurants giving it a very lively and jovial atmosphere.
Overnight in Trinidad.
Free day exploring Trinidad
Panoramic and Cultural tour of Camaguey
Departing from Trinidad travel to Camaguey.
Enjoy a stroll along the UNESCO heritage and rich in colonial-style Camaguey city centre. Uncover its asymmetrical and complex street web while admiring the architectural attractiveness of San Juan de Dios Square, Ignacio Agramonte Park and the Worker’s Square among other local attractions.
Overnight in Camaguey.
Bayamo Panoramic and Cultural Tour
Learn about the rebellious spirit of Bayamo on a walking tour offering the city’s highlights. Stroll around the metropolis centre to learn about fascinating chapters in the history of Cuba. Regular life in Bayamo rotates around Céspedes Park, the Hymn Square and Céspedes birthplace.
Overnight in Bayamo.
DAY 9, 10, 11
Santiago de Cuba
Santiago de Cuba Panoramic and Cultural Tour
Return to Havana City
- DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Cuba with a pull-out map (hard-copy). Allow 4 weeks for delivery. Available only to residents of Australia and New Zealand.
- Travelers Information Package with lots of practical advice (PDF).
- Cuba Tourist Map, advised by MINTUR, Minister of Tourism in Cuba (hard-copy) on arrival in Cuba.
- Transfers from and to Havana airport on arrival and departure.
- Domestic flights from Santiago de Cuba to Havana.
- Transport/transfers in car or minivan as specified in the itinerary.
- Comfort accommodations in “casas particulares”. Private bathrooms/ensuites and air-conditioning guaranteed. Upgrades of accommodations are available on request and incurs additional surcharges.
- Daily breakfast.
- Daily bottle of water per person.
- Same local tour guide throughout the tour.
- Activities/excursions as specified in the itinerary.
- ECT personnel tips and gratuities.
- Old Havana guided walking tour.
- Classic Vintage Convertible Car ride (1 hour).
- Pinar del Rio: Selection of 2 activities included.
- Bay of Pigs, Playa Giron museum (entry fees included).
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Cienfuegos.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Trinidad.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Santa Clara. Visit to Che Guevara Mausoleum (entry fees included).
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Camaguey.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Bayamo.
- Panoramic and cultural tour of Santiago de Cuba.
- Hemingway Tour, visit to Finca la Vigia (entry fee included).
- International flights.
- Travel insurances (required to participate in our tours).
- Visas and passport fees. Visas can be arranged for additional costs and subject to our Terms and Conditions.
- Additional meals (except daily breakfasts and the meals in Mariel Tour).
- Drinks (except bottles of waters as stipulated in the itinerary).
- Additional optional activities not specified in the tour. They can be added, incurs surcharges.
- Tips and gratuities (except ECT personnel).
AVERAGE PRICES PER PERSON (IN AUD)
Based in 4 people, 2 rooms.
Low season (15th of March to 14th of November): ~$2,499 AUD per person
High season (15th of November to 14th of March): Supplement of $165 AUD per person.
Notes: Contact us now with your details for a quote and price confirmation.
- It is an exciting time in Cuba with rapidly changing legislation and local conditions. Cuba has seen a massive increase in tourism, which has put a strain on local tourist infrastructure. While we will strive to operate our tours as closely to published itineraries as possible, conditions often change from one day to the next, and minor tour modifications may be necessary with no advance notice.
- Casa Particulares can refer to home-stays, B&B’s, guesthouses, self contained apartments or entire villas. They are family run businesses that are legal and formalised to provide accommodation to foreigners in Cuba. Though much nicer than general Cuban homes they can seem a bit rustic and simple compared to what most international travellers are used to back home.
- Cuba as a developing country is subject to power outages and it is common to have low water pressures in the showers and sinks.
- If understanding and expectations are kept in check staying at Casa Particulares is a very personal and pleasurable way to accommodate yourself in Cuba.
- The transport system in Cuba is in many ways different to anywhere else in the world. We (Experience Cuba) are restricted in a large way by the local transport laws. We use privately owned transport with approved licences to provide taxi services to tourists and the state-owned transport services of TRANSTUR, the only inter-provincial taxi provider in Cuba. The privately-owned transports vary between classic vintage cars (hardtop and convertible) and more modern models of cars, all in good condition. It is not law in Cuba for cars to be fitted with seat belts and neither is it against the law to use a mobile phone while driving. This is not condoned or encouraged by Experience Cuba but when travelling to other countries it is customary to abide by the local laws.
- While it is hard to know what every individual’s expectations might be, we do remind travellers that Cuba is in most respects a third world country and as such considerations should be made and understood.
Do you have any questions? Let's get in touch.
Whether you want inspiration and guidance in planning your next Cuban adventure, or need help with an existing booking, please feel free to get in touch.